Applying to RCDS
Thank you for your interest in RCDS. Below is information that will be helpful as you consider Rye Country Day for your son or daughter.
The application deadline has passed. We are no longer accepting applications for the Lower School (PK - Grade 4). If you are interested in a Second Round application for the Middle (Grades 5-8) and Upper (Grades 9-12) Schools, please call the main Admissions Office phone line at 914-925-4513.
- Visit to RCDS Admissions Office by Parent(s)
- Student Interview (applicants to Grades 3 and above)
- Application Form & Application Fee
- School Recommendation(s) and Transcript
- Admissions Screening/Testing (see schedule below for additional information)
Early application is encouraged, but the completed application form and fee must be received by December 15 (December 1 for Kindergarten). All other forms (school recommendations and transcripts), as well as the interview and screening/testing, must be completed and received by the Admissions Office by January 15 to be considered for the February reply dates. An application folder is considered to be complete once all of the requirements listed above have been met. Please be sure to schedule school visits and admissions testing well in advance of the deadlines as availability of appointments and test dates are limited. In addition, please scroll down to view an application checklist that will be helpful as you manage the RCDS application process.
Again, we appreciate your interest in Rye Country Day School. We welcome your questions at any time throughout the year.
For applicants to Grades PK-2: Individual screening at RCDS by appointment (January-February and following).
Please Note: September 1 is the cut-off date for birthdates of applicants to the Lower School. For example, applicants to the Pre-Kindergarten must be age 4 by September 1 of the year of entrance.
For applicants to Grades 3 and 4: RCDS admissions test given at RCDS on scheduled testing dates in January for Grades 3 and 4.
For applicants to Grades 5-12: Applicants to these grades are required to take either the ISEE or SSAT test. These should be scheduled no later than mid-January to ensure a completed application folder by January 15.
- Parent Visit to RCDS scheduled.
- Student Interview/Visit scheduled. This should be at same time as parent visit. These appointments must occur by January 15.
- Mail application form, $75 application fee, and student questionnaire (Grades 5-12 only). The application form and fee must be received by December 15 (December 1 for Kindergarten).
- Register for the ISEE or SSAT (for Grade 5 and above ONLY). Be sure to have results forwarded to RCDS by ISEE or SSAT by indicating RCDS as a score recipient when registering.
- School Recommendation Form submitted. Send form to director or principal of your child's current school. School recommendation and transcripts (previous year's and current year's) are due at RCDS by January 15 (for Grade 1 and above).
- Teacher Recommendation requested. Send form(s) to your child's teacher(s) after November 1. Recommendations are due at RCDS by January 15.
- Submit graded writing sample from applicant's current school year (Grades 7-12).
- RCDS Kindergarten/Pre-Kindergarten Group Visit. Appointment letters sent in advance by RCDS Admissions Office.
- RCDS Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 2 Screening Appointment. Appointment letters in advance sent by RCDS Admissions Office.
- RCDS Grades 3 & 4 Testing. Appointment letter sent by RCDS Admissions Office.
- Financial Aid Application filed (if necessary) Send Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) to School and Student Service (SSS) in Randolph, MA and submit the IRS Form 1040 from the previous year to RCDS by December 15.